Restorative yoga uses props to support the body in a position of openness and ease which facilitates healing and relaxation. The body is alternately stimulated and then relaxed to move toward balance leading to beneficial health and stress reduction.
The Practice will:
• Be done in a supportive environment for total relaxation (still, quiet, dark, warm & safe).
• Move the spine in all directions.
• Use inversions (when appropriate) to alter the body's relationship to gravity while returning the fluids to the upper body and enhancing heart functions.
• Soothe organs by stimulating blood flow, enhanced through the exchange of oxygen to cells.
• Open the body so that we feel the flow of Prana - our vital energy.
Cost: $35 ($30 Deva TT/Grads)
May15Restoratives to Heal and support the Spine
June 12: Yoga Nidra & Restorative
“The ability to be still is the mark of the advanced practitioner. Restorative yoga is about stillness.” Judith Lasater