In this advanced Restorative teacher training we will focus on the body as the temple for healing and the art of relaxation in more complex postures. Students will learn new restorative postures, as well as deepen their skills to support clients, in the group class model as well as individually. Participants are required to complete a project to receive a certificate for this course.
Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body; when the body is held it learns to release and rest, making room for healing. This training is designed for teachers and practitioners currently practicing and teaching restorative yoga.
“Restorative yoga slowed down my thoughts and helped me connect with my heart.”
Prerequisite: Restorative Level 1 with Chanti Tacoronte-Perez
Limited to 15 students - please reserve your space in advance. No prior teaching skills necessary, all are welcome.
Required Reading: The Heart Speaks: A Cardiologist Reveals the Secret Language of Healing by Mimi Guarneri M.D. FACC
Focus of Training:
• The body as a temple for healing
• Advanced us of props
• Ayurveda & the Doshas as it relates to the physical postures
• Guided relaxation techniques—Mantra Purusha
• Observations of different bodies in restorative poses
• Trusting your intuition
• Complex use of props
• Using sand bags and eye-wraps
• Inversions, deep back bends & forward bends
• The importance of your own Restorative practice
• Active listening and working with students individually
NEW DATES TBA
Cost (Regular Students): $365 ($395 after Sept 27);
Cost (Devanadi TTs/Grads): $325 ($350 after Sept 27)
Props to bring - Please purchase in advance to make sure you have them in time!: 4-6 blankets, 1 bolster, 2 blocks, 1 strap, 1 eye pillow, 1 mat (we recommend Sunshineyoga.com) + optional restorative head wrap available at: https://iynaus.org/store/props/pune-headwrap